Convert svn to hg - splicing with moved/renamed files

Stanimir Stamenkov s7an10 at netscape.net
Sat Jan 1 09:01:49 CST 2011

Sat, 01 Jan 2011 15:56:38 +0200, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
> Mon, 27 Dec 2010 00:41:45 +0200, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
>> Sat, 25 Dec 2010 18:25:47 +0200, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
>>
>>> 4. The revision which merges the branch changes into the main line
>>> seems to properly remove the original file location and add the
>>> new (moved) one, but it is not recorded as rename resulting in
>>> completely wrong file annotations (visible with all examples).
>>
>> What I suspect is happening is the convert doesn't properly
>> recognize the source of move/rename when it is happening on a
>> different branch, probably because the base path is different:
>>
>> trunk/ vs. branches/<branch_name>/
>
> I've now opened:
>
> "Convert from Subversion fails to recognize renames"
> <http://mercurial.selenic.com/bts/issue2573>

Looking at it further I think it would be nice if the convert
extension had an option like --guess-renames (like --similarity to
the addremove command) to repair bad source repositories in regards
to having files renamed/moved improperly (having files deleted and
added with new name/location as separate operations).

--
Stanimir