make uninstall?

Martin Geisler mg at lazybytes.net
Sun May 24 17:13:13 CDT 2009

Brendan Miller <catphive at catphive.net> writes:

> Does mercurial support source uninstallation via make uninstall or
> some other means? Assuming I install from source, and then need to
> upgrade, what's the procedure to clear out the old installation?

I simply reinstall in the same location (daily). This works fine since a
deleted file will simply not be referenced by the new files, and thus do
no harm.

If you instead want to remove Mercurial, then look at where Python
programs are normally installed:

  http://docs.python.org/install/index.html#how-installation-works

Things become much easier if you just do 'make local' -- then all files
will be written right in the folder where you downloaded Mercurial. And
you can just symlink 'hg' into a directory in your $PATH.

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multiparty Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.