[ANN] TortoiseHg 0.8 released

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Wed Jul 1 22:49:08 CDT 2009

This is a major feature release, and there are a great number of improvements.

# New Installer Layout
# C++ Shell Extension
# X64 Support
# Translations
# Linux package support
# MacOSX support

http://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/stable/wiki/ReleaseNotes

As always, you can find the Windows package here:
http://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/stable/downloads/

The one 0.8 installer supports both x86 and x64 targets.  Over the
next few days, I'll be posting Linux packages for THG 0.8 to the
downloads page.  If you would like to contribute packages for your
favorite Linux distribution, please let me know.

I know this is an annoyance, but we highly suggest you uninstall
previous releases of TortoiseHg and TortoiseOverlays before installing
TortoiseHg 0.8 to avoid potential conflicts and to maximize the
benefits of the new installer layout.

Many people contributed to this release, and I am thankful to each one
of them for helping us take such great strides in so many areas.

--
Steve Borho