How to integrate single files from an independent Repository?

zap-giZmo slhzap at gmx.de
Fri Apr 10 05:17:43 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm new to mercurial and actually a refugee who's using perforce at work.

I'm trying to integrate a single file from an old  project into a new one
that starts completely
independet to the first.

Here an example to illustrate my problem:

hg init project1
cd project1
echo TODO > main.py
echo TODO > module1.py
cd ..
hg init project2
cd project2
# Is there a way to clone(integrate) the file ../project1/module1.py into
this project?

I'm not talking about a simple copy rather a real integrate like I used to
know from perforce.

Best Regards