Mercurial logo license

Matt Mackall mpm at selenic.com
Wed Oct 15 15:26:23 CDT 2008

Today I've gotten a pair of emails that have convinced me that I could
not make the logo license permissive enough while still excluding
potentially detrimental uses.

Thus, I've decided the best way to deal with the logo license issue is
to leave it as GPLv2 and grant explicit use permissions to non-GPLv2
Mercurial-related projects that contact me on a case by case basis. Such
projects would have to add a 'used with permission' notice.

So, if your project is interested in using the logo and is not covered
by GPLv2, please contact me for permission.