Problem with KeywordExtension

Roman Bertle bertle at smoerz.org
Mon May 26 12:48:42 CDT 2008

* Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net> [080521 18:11]:
> * Roman Bertle on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 09:25:44 +0200
> > * Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net> [080521 08:25]:
> >> * Roman Bertle on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 19:28:25 +0200
> >>
> >> <snip>

> >> FWIW, I can't reproduce it. Neither with [keyword] patterns per
> >> repo, nor with globally set [keyword] patterns that you seem to
> >> use.
> >>
> >> Could it be that you disabled the extension at some point without
> >> running "hg kwshrink" before? If you then commit files containing
> >> expanded keywords you have those expansions stored in history.
> >
> > The history contains expanded keywords, because it was converted from a
> > svn repository.
>
> Hm. Keyword expansion is disabled for hg convert. imo it doesn't
> make sense to enable it as it is behaving differently in hg
> (revison numbers, custom templates).
>
> Meanwhile it would be nice if you checked again whether this
> really happened during the conversion process? Because then you
> should have the issue with /all/ files that contain svn keywords.
> If not chances are high that you accidentially disabled expansion
> without running "hg kwshrink" before (either by disabling the
> extension or by changing [keywordmaps]). While it doesn't matter
> whether you run "hg kwexpand" after /enabling/ expansion, it is
> certainly mandatory to run "hg kwshrink" before disabling it.

Hello,

I did a new test, and can now reproduce the error. I did the following:

1.) Enable kw expansion.

2.) Do hg convert from svn. Here I run convert twice and convert
different changesets to different hg repositories. This is necessary due
to the involved layout of the svn repository.

3.) Do a hg update, and do a hg transplant from one of the two
repositories to the other one.

4.) The error is here!

If I do everything with kw expansion disabled, and enable it only at the
very end, the error does not occure.

Best Regards, Roman