hgwebdir.cgi & clean urls

Oliver Večernik ov at vecernik.at
Mon Mar 3 09:28:58 CST 2008

Hi all,

first of all I want thank everybody who contributed to this wonderful project!
I recently started with Mercurial and everthing works fine so far.

I managed to install a recent version on my webspace, but my provider only
supports cgi (Python 2.4.4):

 $ hg version
 Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 434139080ed4)

 Copyright (C) 2005-2008 Matt Mackall <mpm at selenic.com> and others

My .htaccess looks like this:

 $ grep -v "^#\|^$" .htaccess
 <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteRule ^$ hgwebdir.cgi  [L]
     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
     RewriteRule (.*) hgwebdir.cgi/$1  [QSA,L]
 </IfModule>

My repos are accessible at <http://hg.vecernik.at/>, but all the generated
links still include hgwebdir.cgi, which I don't want.  I also tried to change
baseurl in hgrc, but didn't succeed.  Is there a possibility to get clean
urls?

--
Thanks,
Oliver