Not trusting file ...hgrc

Alexis S. L. Carvalho alexis at cecm.usp.br
Sat Jan 19 06:10:21 CST 2008

Thus spake Neal Becker:
> I'm trying to setup hgwebdir.  I have a dir owned by user 'hg' and the repo
> is all owned by 'hg', which I want in order to ssh update the repo.
>
> But apache.apache runs the server, and it says:
> Not trusting file /home/hg/numpy.ext/.hg/hgrc

What version are you using?  Starting with 0.9.2 hgweb shouldn't print
this warning.

> chown apache.apache .hg/hgrc
>
> fixes this, but then, of course, hg can't update it through ssh.
>
> Is there a more elegant solution?

You can tell hg to trust the hg user:

[trusted]
users = hg

Either put that in e.g. /etc/mercurial/hgrc or ~apache/.hgrc or add this
to your hgwebdir.cgi:

import os
os.environ['HGRCPATH'] = '/path/to/hgrc'

And put those lines in this /path/to/hgrc file.

Alexis