Mercurial on AppEngine

jmuk jun.mukai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:13:10 CST 2008

Hello,

I think definitely some guys already tried similar things, but I cannot find
them now, so...
I am pleased to announce that I "ported" Mercurial into Google AppEngine.
http://hg-repos.appspot.com/

This is clone of hgwebdir, but works purely on AppEngine framework.  I mean,
no external repository or external servers are needed.
Because Mercurial can push/pull via HTTP, you can
create/manage/push/pull/view your hg repository in AppEngine.

If you're interested in, check it out!

I also prepared (a bit) detailed FAQ.
http://hg-repos.appspot.com/static/faq.html

caution: Google AppEngine has many restrictions onto the applications like
bandwidth, cpu time, data storage size or so on.
Because of those restrictions, huge size of repository (such like hg itself)
is not suitable to AppEngine.  You cannot push/pull 6000 changes at once :(

caution2:  This must have bugs and lacks some functionalities.  For example,
I didn't implement branches at all.  If you find bugs and loss of functions,
please let me know.

with best regards,
-- Jun Mukai