ANN: hg send extension

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Mar 21 16:45:25 CDT 2007

Hi,

I've written up a new extension that adds an "hg send" command.

See http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/SendExtension for
details and a link to the code.

This is an extension on the hg bundle command.  Basically, hg send will
call hg bundle to generate a bundle, then attach this to a single email.

The effect is that you can do this:

hg clone http://example.com/hg/foo
cd foo
# hack away, commit your changes
hg send

All you'll have to give hg send is the email address to send to.
(Optionally, you can give it a subject, body, etc.)

The effect is very similar to the nice darcs send command.

I hope to figure out a way to have hg send deduce a default email
address by looking at the remote repo and to support GPG-signed bundles.
Doing so would make this a very easy way for hg newbies to send bundles
to projects that choose to accept them.

-- John