abort: case-folding collision

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:33:30 CDT 2007

I'm also having this problem... (abort: case-folding collision) -- I've seen
other e-mails, but couldn't understand how to actually have a working
repository again... (I can do commits and diffs, but cannot revert any file
to a previous version).

The error here is:

>> hg update
abort: case-folding collision between
sci20/source/c++/sci20/petro/geometry/Type3Geometry.inst.hpp and
sci20/source/c++/
sci20/petro/geometry/type3geometry.inst.hpp

It also gives me the same error when trying to revert something in a
different tree:

>> hg revert -r 96 xgui20
abort: case-folding collision between
sci20/source/c++/sci20/petro/geometry/Type3Geometry.inst.hpp and
sci20/source/c++/
sci20/petro/geometry/type3geometry.inst.hpp

Is there any way to have a working repository again? (without loosing any
revision info)

Thanks,

Fabio