Mercurial Eclipse - An Eclipse Plugin

Zingo Andersen spamfilter at zingo.org
Tue Aug 22 15:35:26 CDT 2006

Hello
When I looked at what revision control system to select back in December
Mercurial was the best candidate but it lacked a Eclipse IDE integration.

To solve that I have spent part of my free time since then to make one
and yesterday I made my first public release. I find mercurial easy and
fun to work with so the trip has been a happy one, the biggest problem
has been in Eclipse Plugin world and that Java stuff, It has been a while
since I coded any Java and Eclipse has a lot of it's own classes for
me to discover.

Here is a link for people wanting to look at it

http://www.vectrace.com/mercurialeclipse/

Now I have a few questions that I need help with now when the first
public release of Mercurial Eclipse (0.1.40) is ready for simple daily usage
and that is:

Q1: What are good features to implement and "must have" features in daily
mercurial usage. The only project I have used Mercurial on is this one
so my Mercurial knowlage is lacking.

Currently I have found out that I needed these (and implemented them)

Ready:
 * hg init (to create a repository)
 * hg commit (All files)
 * hg add <file/dir>
 * hg remove <file/dir>
 * hg diff <file/dir>
 * hg status (to show lable decorators)
 * hg view (Only on the project)

During my release I found out that hg tag is also needed, now I need
help with making the list bigger, for example if hg clone useful to do
from inside an IDE, and how do you in that case expect to do it :)

Discussion might be of topic so if you have anything "off topic" there is a trac with a wiki and in it a roadmap
where think like this can be added/discussed and prioritized (And please add tickets if you like).

http://zingo.homeip.net:8000/trac/mercurialeclipse

or discussed with me directly using spamfilter _at_ zingo _dot_ org

Q2: Another question I want to ask is the usage of the mercurial name and symbols/Images,
"can I" or even "should I" use the same logo to make it more obvious that it is for "mercurial" or should I use my own
graphical profile.

--
Zingo "Stefan" Andersen   (zingo.org and vectrace.com)
I'm a signature file virus! Copy me into your signature. Please?