current configuration of Mercurial package in PyPI

Augie Fackler raf at durin42.com
Mon Jul 15 19:53:25 CDT 2013

(+mercurial-devel)

I just altered the pypi configuration for Mercurial from "As above but also ask tools to scrape Homepage and Download URL (slow!)" to "Do not extract URLs from the long description field - only use URLs explicitly specified below and files uploaded to PyPI (this is preferred)."

This means (as I understand it) that users will now only get releases uploaded to pypi when installing with pip, but also that they won't get surprising results or painfully slow installs (or be unable to install when selenic.com is down). If people strongly object, speak up, but I think this is going to be the only supported mode for pypi in the not too distant future.

AF