time.timezone returns incorrect value when DST rules change

Dmitry Panov dop at itoolabs.com
Thu Nov 10 17:49:59 CST 2011

Hi,

Russia abandoned winter time this year and time.timezone is returning an
incorrect value in this case (see http://bugs.python.org/issue1647654).

The impact on mercurial is that the timezone offset is incorrect in both
outgoing emails and changelogs. Since the underlying problem is quite
tricky to fix, I suggest the attached patch (applies to the current
tip). Please consider applying. Apologies if it's been already
discussed, I'm not following the mailing list.

--
Best regards,

  Dmitry Panov
  Chief Technology Officer